Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My, To do list, for The soup garden farm idea.

 OK, time to get to work!              


This is where I shift into my, get it done pitch. Lol

I believe we can do this gracefully and beautifully. The soup garden farm idea, has the potential to create an organic and wholesome hub for communities around the world to grow out from. The soup garden farm idea, a market place with flowers, fruit and vegetables, local artists at work, locally hand crafted items and a gourmet soup restaurant. A restaurant, supplied by a artistically planted and designed garden. All tour-able. All managed by students.
On the farm, I imagine, the evening air filed with the music of instruments and voices.

This is my plan of action for this week and the week after. I will up date you on my progress.

These are the resources I am going to investigate in my area. You could  explore your communities and see what resources you have available. I imagine we can build The first soup garden farm where ever it is popular enough and has the support to do so..  
Resources in the Redding-Anderson area to develop the soup garden farm idea.

What do I have as possibilities and resources around me to further the soup garden farm idea in my area?

The need is hear in the Redding and Anderson area. The need being the homeless population, especially in Redding. I think that the soup garden farm idea could alleviate some municipalities of a considerable percentage of their homeless and less fortunate by offering and enrolling those folks into the soup garden farm idea two year residential student program.

Many municipalities have property that is vacant. These municipalities could transfer title of five or more acres over to the soup garden farm idea organization. Redding has several large pieces of unused property with water available on site.

I can go visit the Good news rescue mission and talk to Cesar Padilla.
The rescue mission in Redding is well connected and established in Redding.
I  visited with Cesar Padilla the director of the Good news rescue mission a year or more ago. He told me that they had been gifted a large tract of land, several hundred acres. I am uncertain if there is water available on the property. Perhaps some relationship can be formed that would be mutually beneficial.


I can talk to the city council in both Redding and Anderson, to get the word out and see how receptive they are.

I can talk to the local garden clubs as well.

I can also talk to local produce farmers and see how they feel.

I can talk with the large box stores                 ( Home depot and Lowes) to see what kind of support they could offer.

I can talk to Starbucks, Yaks and Dutch brothers, to see what support they can offer.
I know some Starbucks have meeting rooms that we could meet in while organizing.

I can talk to local businesses, organizations and municipalities about the potential to draw tourist dollars off of  I-5 in to the community, by drawing them to The soup garden farm idea. A purposely built local hub of cottage industries.
 
I can talk to the various organizations and meeting halls around the community, VFW, IOF, Elks and granges. Many one these organization have large meting rooms with chairs for larger groups to meet.

I can take pictures of the unfarmed and fertile fields in the area. I know many of these fields are choked with Yellow star thistle. These fields could have great potential for hands on farming. We could eradicate the Yellow star thistle epidemic in the area.

The bottom lands around Redding are from ancient river channels, most of the loam deposits are from the Sacrament river.


  I can keep telling my story until I get enough support to get this done.
If you want to try this in your area lets compare notes and work this to fruition.

Seth j Galli.

No comments:

Post a Comment