Monday, March 12, 2012

Using Flash mobs for community renewal projects.

If we are going to rebuild this nation we should start by cleaning up our work
area first.

Trash in our communities
Trash is building up in many communities across our nation. Large amounts of
trash is built up, along our roads, on our river banks and on our ocean beaches.
Storm drains run first to our creeks and rivers and then to the sea.
On our east coast cigarette butts all but pave side walks and choke storm drains.
Fast food wrappers, straws, plastic bottles, plastic grocery bags, drink cups and
plastic wrappers of every kind have infested our country. This same trash slowly
leaches out its poisons in to our water ways and fertile grounds. Ask not what
bitters the waters that were once sweet.

I am a carpenter by trade. When I start a new project I start by cleaning up my
work area and organizing my available resources, then I start building or
repairing, whatever the case may be. This process of clean up and organization
gives me more accurate information to plan and lay out my project and is key to
efficient completion. These same principles simple as they may be will work with the
same efficient magic in rebuilding and repairing our nation. Let's clean up our
nation first and then see where we are, make a new plan.

Just because you can't see under the ground does not mean nothing is happening
down there. The soil, the earth filters the water that makes it way down into our
aquifers and then eventually becomes the water we drink and bathe our children
and ourselves in. We are 98% water. The food we eat, plant or animal, is entirely
dependent on water .There is nothing more important than water to every one
and every thing.! This is a naked absolute truth.If we pollute water we are
betraying the one universal truth we know. The one true truth I know. Have a little
respect please, I am begging you, for the love of everything. Don't half haphazardly
cast your trash about, contain it ,take responsibility for it, take ownership of your
community, clean it, it will repay your spirit with a feeling of belonging. You will
be taking a stand and as you share your experiences with others you will be
embraced by the community and others will take a stand with you. The skies the
limit friend. Rebuild and rebirth your community, Discover and create a new
language of self respect.

The first step.
I don't just come begging, I have a potential solution
Have you ever heard of a flash mob? (If not Google it.)
Using flash mobs in conjunction with a website for smart phone citizen reporting,
Flash mobs organize and choose the location and time to remove trash from
the worst affected areas the citizens have reported.
With video cameras, trash bags and grabbers, the flash mob meets,
removes the trash and films the whole clean up in one hour.
That same day the filmmakers post the videos of the cleanup on YouTube
to raise awareness.
The added positive effect is that each participant gets to mingle and
strengthen their community first hand, creating an environment of a
human sense of belonging<.

That is it, that's the first step.

Please share this article with your friends and family's.
Thank you for your readership.

Seth Galli

Note;
My attorney and I are engaged in talks and the organization of a nonprofit
company that will document, raise awareness and organize the removal of trash.
I am in search of sponsors and donors. If you are interested please contact
me on my blog. I will refer you to my attorney. All donations and sponsorships
will be coordinated through him. Thanks again for your support as readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment